Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Charlie Brown Christmas

Since my roommate and I have no children and travel home for the holidays we have never gotten a Christmas tree. However, this year we (I mean Liz) caved and brought home this gorgeous tree you see above. It fits in a flower pot, has no lights, has 13 ornaments (thanks mom), and only smells like pine if you stick your nose right into the branches. I love our little tree and I feel as if I have finally entered into adulthood, now having the responsibility of decorating a tree, rearranging the rocks in the pot to be sure the tree is straight, watering her regularly (which I haven't done ever...oops), and vacuuming up all the fallen needles. This tree would probably put Charlie Brown's to shame.

2 comments:

  1. O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
    Much pleasure thou can'st give me;
    How often has the Christmas tree
    Afforded me the greatest glee!

    O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
    Thy candles shine so brightly!
    From base to summit, gay and bright,
    There's only splendor for the sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have to earn the right to a big tree. You start out with a little one...and slowly make your way up to a full size tree once you gain "tree caring" experience. Kind of like a right of passage. You learn which side of the tree isn't worth to be seen so you turn it towards the wall and which ornaments make the branches hang just a little bit too low. It wouldn't be right to start with a large Christmas tree as you'd just have too many dang rocks to rearrange to get the tree to stand up right. Plus....try to get a full size tree in a flower pot. :)

    ReplyDelete