Evan is now three weeks old! I know I still have a ways to go before I can actually start running again, but at my two week post-partum c-section check up the doctor gave me the green light to start walking and doing light exercise. Of course he cautioned that my abs are not ready for anything yet so I need to take it easy and listen to my body so I do not get injured. But after taking some short walks to the park over the last few days and seeing this weeks forecast(!!!), I knew it was time to pull out the BOB and at least go for some longer walks.
I decided that for this week I would walk 3-4 miles each day. With A back at daycare and E still on limited human contact (RSV-blah!) I knew I would need something to get us out of the house. So today I strapped on my trusty Garmin, put E and his oxygen in the car seat, put the car seat in the stroller and headed out.
E in all his cuteness :)
Honestly, I felt ok. My belly still feels so jiggly and like parts of it are still not in the right place. Physically I felt tired and winded, but mentally I was invigorated. Here are my final results. Not too shabby considering 3 weeks ago they cut a baby out of me :) I know it will take baby steps to get back to where I was, but it is a start!



Well done! Let me know if you're up for the big 7 miles tomorrow (with a coffee and snack stop halfway through, of course).
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great inspiration! I love it! And as you know, I am a phone call away to go running with you. I am so glad you are back running buddy!
ReplyDelete