Saturday, January 26, 2008

A rare opportunity...

Recently, about 40 faculty members (including me) participated in Arapahoe High School's annual Faculty Dance. Each year for the Winter Pep Assembly, the teachers dance to a few songs representative of a specific decade. This year it was the 90's. We practiced for two weeks after and, sometimes before, school to prepare ourselves to dance in front of 2000+ students. Each of these videos are essentially the same. The first is taken by our tech guru, the second by our librarian, and the third from a student's cell phone (of which was posted on YouTube within 20 minutes of the completion of the pep rally)...each one a different perspective. I'll let you figure out where I am...(if you really can't find me, listen for the lyrics "Alright, stop! Collaborate and listen..." and listen for Queen's "Under Pressure" music.) Some of you didn't think I could dance. I convinced my students that I couldn't. They must not be very good dancers themselves because they were giving me a lot of complements.





Even more recently, I participated in my high school's teacher talent show (as if you didn't think Vanilla Ice was enough). Although I was running a 102-degree fever and trying to suppress coughing due to bronchitis, I didn't perform all that bad. Wait until the end, I butchered part of a less technical section. Thanks to those who don't know the piece very well, many weren't aware of the slip up. Enjoy my talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment